AAADO GRAECI PROGRAM
Grand Rapids Academic Enrichment Center of Innovations (“GRAECI”)
Mission is to leverage a micro infrastructure that promote change academically, restore hope through Christian values, and unify holistically by engagement of students, parents, and community leaders.
- Our GRAECI Pilot is a Schools of Hope After-School initiative and based on the successful, research-based Youth Education for Tomorrow (YET) model from Philadelphia.
- Over the last 5 years, children who participated for the full program year achieved an average of over 1.2 years of reading growth
GRAECI Literacy Initiative
- The model provides a balanced literacy approach and incorporates five components that are critical for literacy development.
- Read Aloud
- Shout Out (Oral Comprehension)
- Independent Reading using the 100 Book Challenge
GRAECI Extra Curriculum Enrichment Final Assessment Projects
Summer Learning with Middle School and High School Students
- Filming Projects
- NASA Stem Research
- Civic Performance
- Literary Arts
- Khan Academy
- Literacy Enrichment
- Media Smart
AAADO GRAECI College Tours & Preparedness Initiative
- AAADO Educational Exploratory Adventures. The rigorous arts-infused academic program will prepare the students for college.
- Through systematic education programs, social emotional curriculum and high levels of parent involvement will serve as a model of how students who may be on track to become “high school drop outs” will instead become college graduates.
African American Children & Families Forecast
- 3.6% African American population in the city of Holland
- Only 3% Proficient in Math, Science, and Reading
- The numbers above are staggering and AAADO promise a significant outcome by raising the bar by 2020
AAADO GRAECI Sponsorship & Partnerships
Corporate contributions and individual contributions are needed. AAADO/Juneteenth is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization, and Charitable Trust. Your donations are tax deductible.
Tax ID # 46-1774183 Contributions can be made to: AAADO/Juneteenth of Holland. P.O. Box 1131 Holland, Michigan 49422 Ph. 616-610-5146
- FORM AB_GRAECI 2016-17 Registration_Eng (Draft)
- FORM C_ 2016-17 GRAECI Research Consent_Eng (Draft)
- FORM D_ GREACI 2016-17 Consent_Eng (Draft)
- AAADO Media-Smart